[Sca-cooks] Substitutions for Bread in sauces??

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Jun 7 16:07:53 PDT 2001

Umm,

Making a comment on using rice flour / arrowroot, wouldn't making these as a
substitute for bread-based sauces change the consistency completely?

I've experimented using Gluten-Free bread (Mother-in-law is a Coeliac) which
works out to a much closer consistency.  The trick is to crumb the bread
gently, blend the sauce well and add the bread late in the blending process.

Drake.