[Sca-cooks] care packages

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 19:41:40 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/enriched to text/plain ]
On 7 Jun 01,, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Never tried em. Wanna trade?
>
> Olwen

I found a great recipe for biscotti that contain dried cranberries. I made
some to send my sister-in-law for Christmas, and she begged for the recipe.
They also went over very well at a cookie exchange at work.

from:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/foodgift/foodgift67.html

CRANBERRY-ALMOND BISCOTTI
2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1 1/2 C.
granulated sugar 1/2 C. butter, softened 2 eggs 1 tsp. almond extract 1
1/2 C. dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend
well.
In a separate bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and almond extract. Beat with
an electric mixer until well blended. Mix in flour mixture and cranberries.
Divide dough in half. Using floured hands, shape each piece of dough into 2
1/2 inch wide, 9 1/2 inch long and 1 inch high logs. Transfer to baking sheet,
spacing evenly. Bake until brown (logs will spread some), about 35 minutes.
Cool completely on sheet on rack. Maintain oven temperature.
Transfer logs to work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2"
thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake for 10
minutes; turn biscotti over. Bake until just beginning to color, about 5
minutes. Transfer biscotti to rack.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain Settmour Swamp, East (NJ) mka Robin Carroll-Mann now
at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net