[Sca-cooks] polenta

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 7 20:18:11 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<<< niccolo will correct me if I'm wrong, but it may well have been the Apician recipe that was used at the dinner we were at.  I know I've had it when nic made it before. (I liked it.)   Unfortunatly, nic's Laurel got up and made a very nice speech, welcoming her guests, thanking nic for all his work, looking forward to the polenta, yes, polenta, did you know that polenta was a period dish?  Yes, and nic's polenta is just wonderful for polentas (you get the picture). After that, nothing was very appetizing to him, I'm afraid.  :(
Christianna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was actually developed from Neapolitan Cuisine back when it first hit the streets a year or so ago.  My recipe is webbed at

http://franiccolo.home.mindspring.com/cemolella_ciciliana.html

simple and elegant food.  wonderful with any sweet or savory meat.  The wheat does give it a distinctive texture and flavor that I actually prefer over maize/corm meal polenta.

niccolo difrancesco