[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:00:56 PDT 2001

>Another nice variation is to substitute Swiss
>Cheese for the American Cheese or add grilled bacon.
>
>Stefan li Rous

I saw on Martha Stewart (yes, I know she's Satan but
like Satan some of her enticements are too good) where
a chef made his family's favorite snack. He took a good
chewy bread, sliced about 1/4 inch. Placed it in a toaster
oven for a minute just to barely toast it. Then topped
it with a couple slices of good white cheddar. Back into
the oven until the cheese began to melt. Then topped it
with a garden fresh tomato, salt and pepper. Yum!

Favorite sandwiches:

Panini with mushroom, lettuce, tomato and aioli. Maybe some
thin shaved ham but not necessary.

Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly.

Turkey on lightly toasted whole grain bread. With mayo,
salt & pepper, curry powder, lettuce and avocado.

Chicken Caesar wrap.

Um...I think I'll head to Bagelstein's Deli for lunch....

Gunthar