[Sca-cooks] Re: holding doors

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:07:27 PDT 2001

>I can begin to imagine what you mean by this getting you 'in trouble with'
>female colleagues.  My oldest daughter in particular reports herself left
>waiting while a guy goes through the door first and doesn't even have the
>2nd level courtesy to hold the door from that side, instead it slams in her
>face. And all the other girls aren't noticing as they are busy opening
>their
>own doors. We aren't in the Carolina's anymore, Beauregard.

No, we're not.  I once met a woman who steadfastly refused to walk through
any door held open for her.  Considered it demeaning.  Personally, I was
brought up to hold doors for everybody.  Some men get a bit disconcerted by
this, and wave me through.  I just stand there and say, "I'm the one with
the door. Get in there!"

Vicente
(Can consciousness be raised to the point of foolishness?)