[Sca-cooks] Re: standard tests

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 17:46:28 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/12/01 8:35:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
1margali at 99main.com writes:

> I lucked out and managed to retrain myself before I got to school
>  [I was reading at 3, the typical age in our family on both
>  sides.]

Hey, another early learner. I was reading before I went into kindergarden
(Which would be about 4 or 5) and was teaching the others how to read in
Kindergarden. In 1st grade I was tutored about 2nd grade material. 5th grade
I was in a math class that taught Algebra (and look what it did to me....made
me stupid in math). I was one of the people that did the Auk computer thingy
(something like online Battle of the Brains, which I am the Co-Captain of the
BotB at my high school). And next year i'm taking 2 Advance Placement classes
in History and Science (I am a year ahead in science and math). And hopefully
my Senior year i'll be taking 4 AP classes in Math (Calculus 1), Science (AP
Physics), English, and Psychology. And i'm a lefty tooooo!!!

>I got a great extra credit for biology by
>removing the brain, spinal cord, and cranio-facial nerves from a
>pig in toto.

I removed the brain intact from a fetal pig and my teacher wouldn't give me
extra credit. She said it was "unfair".

Misha.