[Sca-cooks] 14th century food items?

Jane & Mark Waks waks at ne.mediaone.net
Tue Jun 12 18:07:58 PDT 2001

Alban wrote:

> I've been going over a "Court of Claims", where decisions were made
> about who had the right to do what for the coronation of Richard II

Wonderful book on 15th c. coronation, and recommended: _The Coronation
of Richard III : the Extant Documents_, edited by Sutton and Hammond
(Gloucester: Alan Sutton; New York: St Martin's, 1983)

> What the heck is a Dilgirunt, and what's a Malpigeryum, and what
> kind of fat would have been added?

Unfortunately, it still sheds no light on the "mess of dilgirunt." And
neither does the OED.  The Richard III book talks also about whose
office it is to serve the dilgirunt[s?], but gives no futher details.

--Caitlin D.