[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 12 20:12:33 PDT 2001

Let's not be cheese snobs now <g>.  Like American Pilsner's all cheeses have a time and place.  "American Singles" are usually lableled (look carefully)'patuerized processed cheese food'.  Nary a one calls itself cheese.  As such, it is a product that suits itself to dishes and sauces that require a smooth melting cheese product.  You got a wide variety and range in the PPCF areana.  You will get what you pay for . . . Velveeta or Thrifty Maid are both the same basic product, but you get one for one third the cost and with one third the cheesy flavor.  Pay your nickel; make your choice.

Recipe:

One large brick Velveeta
1 lb gound beef, browned in skillet
one 16 ounce jar favorite salsa

melt cheese food and mix with other items until smooth and serve warm with tortilla chips and pita wedges.  Darned good picnic food for those who seek that family reunion/church picnic feel.

pacem et bonum,

niccolo difrancesco
sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> I must agree here American "cheese" is not cheese at all, it's pasteurized,processed, folded, spindled and mutilated milk by-products with some color
added.

Æduin