[Sca-cooks] Re: standard tests

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 12 21:59:16 PDT 2001

Kiri commented:
> I think it's that right-brained/left-brained thing.  But it seem to be a fairly
> common thing.  I think that we also tend to work a little harder at those things
> we love (for me, art and history), and let some of the others slide a bit
> (again, for me...math and sciences).

Well, maybe. Sometimes things just happen. In school, I was not a good
speller. If I remember correctly, on an seventh grade "achievement" test,
I had scores like: 99,99,99,99,98,96, something in the 80s and 40.
The forty was in spelling. This was the first time I realized that the
first several scores might be unusual because of the way some students
reacted when they found out.

However, I read alot (although not as much as I used to be able to) and
that has probably helped improve my spelling.

Now I find myself *correcting* a lot of spelling as things go into
the Florilegium. :-)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net