[Sca-cooks] RE: [Sca-cooks]-OT: Rye mold ?

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 08:45:49 PDT 2001

Thank you very much! I will pass this on. :)

Ilia

In a message dated Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:25:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US> writes:

<< I know the fungus appears on the heads of rye, but I don't know how it
affects the rest of the plant.  She might wish to check with the nearest
county extension agent.

Since the active ingredient is an alkaloid, it probably has roughly the same
effect on all mammals.  The question would be the amount required to be a
problem.  Again this would be something an extension agent would be able to
check.

Bear