[Sca-cooks] Rye mold ?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:49:51 PDT 2001

>"Decker, Terry D." wrote:
> >
> > Ergot.  It is caused by Caviceps purpurea.  The term is used for the
>fungus,
> > the structures formed on the rye by the fungus, and the alkaloid toxins
> > produced by the fungus.  The primary toxin, ergotamine, is transformed
>into
> > a hallucinogen by baking.  Ergot is a primary source of lysergic acid,
>from
> > which LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) is synthesized.
>
>Ergotamine is also used as a migraine medication. I've taken it- it's
>weird. Don't take it anymore- Imitrex is alot faster and far more
>effective.
>
>'Lainie

I cann't use either of these.  Weird, but they make my migraines worse.
Most meds act opposite with me.  Right now they are giving me Darvon and
Prednisone with a little funky muscle relaxer (name...duh..cann't recall) to
try to un-stick my spasmed neck from the car accident.  It's not doing much
for the neck but man talk about no sleep....
Olwen