[Sca-cooks] Soda drinking

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Jun 15 13:00:32 PDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >Oops. That is correct, at least for H-E-B. Unfortunately, they only
> >sell it in cans. And I usually drink 2-3 liters of softdrink a day. So
> >buying it in the cans is expensive. I've also had trouble finding
> >Fresca and sometimes Diet Mountain Dew in 2 or 3 liter bottles.
> >
> >My main softdrink is Diet Dr. B, H-E-Bs house beverage that tastes
> >just like diet Dr. Pepper, but usually sells for around a dollar in
> >the 3 litter bottle.
> >--
> >THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
>
> Stefan are you serious???  You drink that much soda a day?  Diet soda?
> Don't you know how bad for you that is?  How much water do you drink?  Why
> do you drink diet soda?  I assume it must be because of a diabedies problem
> because everyone knows that NO ONE ever lost weight drinking diet soda.
> Besides, as I recall, you are on the thin side anyway.  Why not switch to
> soda water and put fruit in it?  It will give you the pleasure of
> carbonation and much healthier.
>
> Olwen

Heavens, yes. My cousin was suffering short-term memory loss after
drinking multiple 2-liters daily. Drink water. Water is good for you. If
you need it sweet, throw in a shot of fruit juice or something. If you
need taste, herbal tea in some flavors works well. If you need the
caffeine, it's probably a good idea to wean yourself from it so that you
need less, and/or drink green tea. Celestial Seasonings Green Tea has some
good flavors, and Yamamotoyama tea comes in a ginger that is really nice.

But really, lay off the aspartame. Stuff that gives me screaming migraines
can't possibly be good for you.

Margaret FitzWilliam