[Sca-cooks] online glossary

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 15 13:27:05 PDT 2001

You are both partly right. However, from previous discussions here, it
appears to be more of (maybe just better?) to instert the strips of lard
into the meat rather than just on the surface.

See this file in the FOOD section of the Florilgium:
larding-msg       (12K)  6/16/99    Inserting fat into meat in period
and today.

Stefan
(who's off within a few minutes to the Ansteorra King's College, where I will
be teaching my hands-on class on pewter casting (along with Lady Alexandria,
from Bjornsborg).

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net