[Sca-cooks] gastronomica

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Fri Jun 15 19:01:08 PDT 2001

At 06:51 PM 6/15/01 -0700,Steve said something like:
>I got my free "issue" of Gastronomica in the mail today, finally. (I
>ordered it right after it was posted here) I am highly disappointed in
>it.  It is only excerpts from a couple of the articles.  Did anyone get
>full issues or did everyone get these little sample things?
>
>Æduin

Golly.

I ordered the full subscription version, and just received my second issue.
The first one had a somewhat startling cover picture, of a woman cleaning
off a person's fingers in a rather personal fashion.

Inside there were some very provocative articles on the current sentiments
regarding genetically modified foods, and an article praising modern and
highly processed foods.

I haven't started to read the second issue yet.

I was very favorably impressed by it though (for the most part).  The
articles on genetically modified foods got a bit overly dramatic on one or
two points, but were intelligently written, with lots of food for thought.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.