[Sca-cooks] period iced foods

Mon Jun 18 08:09:20 PDT 2001

I think the problem here may be the may be an assumption that the current
value of the Pound is related to the period value of the Pound.

The period Pound was based on 12 ounces of silver or 240 silver pennies.
Today's LME rate for cash purchase of silver is $4.35.  That dish of ice
cream cost about $52.20 at today's rates and in terms of relative value, it
was probably quite a bit more.

Bear