[Sca-cooks] A question on Fish Sauce

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 18 11:12:01 PDT 2001

It is, I believe, what is referred to as either garum or liquamen in Roman
times.  I have seen everything from Worcestershire sauce to whatever
recommended as a substitute.  Since the descriptions say that it is fermented
fish sauce...and they sound very much like the asian versions, I use those as
a substitute.

Kiri