[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 18 19:09:50 PDT 2001

My focus is the medieval Catalan cuisine:

A transcription, translation and redaction of the Libre de Sent Soví,
incorporating all (3) extant manuscripts (University Library of Barcelona MS
68, University Library of Valencia MS 216, and Library of Catalunya MS
2112). The book is about 80% complete and I'm shooting for mundane
publication in the 2004-2005 timeframe.

A booklet of about 25 recipes from Barcelona MS 68, to be released this
summer or fall, depending on how long beta-testing takes. The recipes are
about ready for beta-testing, now. This will be self-published.

An article documenting a possible genealogy of a modern, Aragonese beef stew
with roots back to at least 1324. I have examples of variations on this dish
from the 19th century Catalan, 16th century Spanish and Catalan, 15th
century Catalan and Italian, and 14th century Catalan.

A complete transcription of Catalunya MS 2112 "De apereylar be de menyar". I
am also in preliminary discussion with the family of a deceased scholar
about completing and publishing his unfinished book on this subject.

Regards,
Thomas Longshanks