[Sca-cooks] Barbara the Gryphon

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Jun 18 23:18:45 PDT 2001

>Anyway the Gryphon was made out of wood and chicken wire, which was the
>papiermachied over.  The hindquarters and tail were covered in fake fur and
>the front quarters and wings were covered in individually glued feathers.
>The rest was painted.  Drake did the painting after we discovered he was
>gluing more feathers to himself accidentally than to the Gryphon.

You forgot the part where I said "All done!" and sat back to view my handiwork,
and felt the alarming warmth of a tube of supa-glue seeping though the butt of
my jeans...  I stick to brewing, it's safer for everyone that way.....

>When closed, all of these hatches were invisible to the naked eye.  Mari and
>Lemming made this marvel in three days.  At the end of Court (before second
>course) Barbara was brought up in front of the Prince and Princess as a
>rogue Gryphon found in our lands that was slayed for their benefit.  And
>each hatch was opened during court and the food brought out.  Simultaneously
>in the kitchen, Mari organised all of the other food to be arranged on the
>buffet so that it appeared that all of the second course was from the beast.

You forgot the young squire who almost dropped the back of the beast in
surprise during its presentation because nobody warned him of what came out of
"poop shute"!

Drakey.