[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 19 06:51:11 PDT 2001

> I'd like to get an idea of who is working on what.
>
> Tell us, please, what culinary history project (if any) are you
working on
> now?
>
> What have you completed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Cindy

I just finished a small late period feast at our largest camping event
this past weekend. I am also in the process of researching and
documenting another small feast (I love doing these) for another event
later this year. I am also doing some mucking about looking for a lunch
feast based on "The Hunt" to be held in November.

As usual I continue brewing and researching. I am in the process of
completing a Complete Anachronist on Food Groups and Camping in Period
(ok this is an ongoing project that I cant seem to finish) and I am
writing an article on a brief history of mead and beer.

I have become rather interested in bread making and am planning on doing
a little reading on the history of same.

That's about it at the moment.

Oh ya, Im also trying to learn how to be good Camp Mom (read: organizing
and running the Baronial Encampment), rather than Camp Bitch. Camp Mom
is such a kinder gentler term. :)

Micaylah