[Sca-cooks] Re: holding doors

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 18:15:16 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/19/01 8:25:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ggoose at Radix.Net
writes:

> I, a usual lurker here, am hereby forced out of lurkdom by this statement.
>  I have been an Atlantian since well before there was an Atlantia (I know
>  why our kingdom newsletter is the Acorn instead of something nautical -
>  other long-time residents may know as well <waves gaily at Vuong Mahn>)

Oooooooooh, do share :)

>This rant is brought on by the disparity of honoring people. Gentlemen are
>not forced to be accompanied, and they are given the opportunity to enjoy
>the individual spotlight of being honored.  By requiring a lady to be
>escorted, it is implied that she is unable to do anything by herself.
>Now, honors are supposed to be for individual effort, why must the
>ceremony be diluted (see! I worked in a cooking reference!)?  I realize
>that most who take the 'lady must be escorted' view do not perceive
>matters in this light.  And you are well within your rights to think so.
>But that does not take into consideration the feelings and beliefs of the
>person you are forcing your views upon.

You go girl. I can see where you're coming from, but to us guys, its meant
out of respect. Plus women were considered weak back then (which was a false
lie) so I guess natually men help women. I agree on you if a group a women
want to escort me to get something (which will never happen :)), then I have
a right to say yea or nay. I would personally liked to be escorted by one of
my best girlfriends in my medieval group at my high school. Plus, our sponsor
appointed me as personal escort for any of our girls :D. If you come to
Atlantia and get an award, you'll have a pack of wild, savage men racing to
help you walk to their Majesties. Must be that southern hospitality.

>Will I be waylaid on the
>way up by bandits?

If i'm there :).

Misha