[Sca-cooks] RE: -cran wine/vinegar...

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Jun 19 20:51:34 PDT 2001

>Gotta figure out how to get
>some of the mead I currently have to turn so I can replicate it....

Usualy, to make vinegars, you need a "Mother".  This is a slimey film
floating at the surface of vinegar.  When you put the Mother on unturned
wine, and wait, it will turn your wine.

I have *no* clue as to what would happen if you put a wine mother unto
mead, though I suspect it might be worth the experiment.

Acquiring a mother is somewhat tricky.  I have had one form naturally on
wine, once.  The other two times, I borrowed part of a mother from my
father (yeah, I know...).  You might want to do a web search...  dunno...

Muiredach seòlta mac Loloig
aka
Nicolas Steenhout