OT falling off... (Was Re: [Sca-cooks] Medievalrestaurant, a few more t...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jun 20 05:22:09 PDT 2001

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

> >Yup. All nutty people need apply to the SCA.
>
> Hey! I resemble that remark... :-)
>
> >But can you walk or are you
> >still in a wheelchair?
>
> I've been using a wheelchair since mid 1995.  Walking is highly over rated
> ;-)  I'm not working in kitchens anymore because I have yet to come accross
> an accessible commercial kitchen.  Most kitchens are placed in restaurants
> as an afterthoughts... :-/

FWIW (and I admit it is probably a long shot) you might drop a note to
Paul Prudhomme, if you can find him. He may have some useful advice on
this (then again, he may simply advise you to have your own restaurant
kitchen built; I dunno). The last time I checked, he was cooking from a
little motorized scooter chair. Probably not regular line cookery,
either, but at least in theory, it's doable.

Ah, wild staircases I have known and hated...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com