[Sca-cooks] Re: what is your project?

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 06:27:01 PDT 2001

	Hello!  I'd like to get an idea of who is working on what.
	Tell us, please, what culinary history project (if any) are you
working on now?
	What have you completed?
	Regards, Cindy

Saluti,

I am currently trying to write up an article based on a workshop on the
influence of religious restrictions (fasting, Lent & feasts), humoral
theory, and vegetarianism on the Christian medieval diet. The paper keeps
expanding though!
I was reading a few months ago in a magazine (I think Scientific American?)
that someone was bringing out a book on the history of dietary theory, which
would naturally include a section on humors. Does anyone have details of
this?

I have half finished the London Eats Out Exhibition thingy and what's done
is up on my cooking webpage (finally!) at
http://www.geocities.com/thorngrove/cooking.htm
The pages are graphics heavy, sorry (well, that is the point of them), and
take between 20 to 35 secs to load over a 56.6 modem. I'm not sure when
Sections 3 & 4 will be put up as they are still 'in the raw'.

In terms of workshops etc, I'll be giving one on the effects of the seasons,
trade (esp. the spice trade) & preservation methods sometime in July. So if
anyone has any books or articles they recommend, other than the standard
texts, I'd love to hear about them (Isabel?).

I'm also Co-cook for Lammas Festival in September, which is usually a small
feast but I like to do a reasonable amount of research for it. This year I'm
thinking of using Curye on Inglyshe (or however it's spelt) which is a
departure from my usual later period style. So lots of redacting and
trialling there.

In between, I have a Pennsic dinner to plan and cook, and lots of other
stuff to do as our next Queen's Accessories Mistress (I need to get a life
outside the SCA!)...

Ciao
Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.