[Sca-cooks] 13th century bread

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 21 07:33:36 PDT 2001

> If you come across any Rock Rose essence in your travels could
> you let me know? I want to do the Cow's Meat recipe for Anthimus.  An
ingredient
> asked for is "costi" which has been translated by some as Costmary, but my
gut
> feeling is that the ingredient is Costus, Rock Rose essence.
>
> Also,  the A Soup for the Qan has an appendix (written by Charles
> Perry) on Islamic Bread and Grain products which might help.  I could
bring
> the book down the next time I'm in Stormhold.
>
> Drakey.

I don't know if they distribute in Australia, but Bach's Flower Essences has
a Rock Rose essence.  We sell them in the health food store I work in, their
number one product is called Rescue Remedy, which is a blend of flower
essences used for calming effects for people, pets, and plants!
Christianna