[Sca-cooks] Michalangelo's Lunch & a question on Pontormo

tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Sat Jun 23 14:12:05 PDT 2001

First: Thanks for the detailed report on your finding! I enjoyed reading
it.

Speaking of the daily food of artists, the diary of Pontormo (1554-56)
comes to mind. I have a German translation, but the translator left out
major portions, stating that it contained "only reports on food and
dishes". I know that there is a 1956 Italian edition and a 1996
fac-simile of Pontormo's diary, but I did not see them yet.

Parts of the text are online in English at:
-- http://www.thing.de/projekte/7:9%23/pontormo.html
(is there a complete version anywhere??)

Now: does anybody know if and where the diet and food habits of this
artist has been portrayed in some detail?

Th.