[Sca-cooks] Italian fish in oil spreads

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Jun 25 06:41:38 PDT 2001

Yes, there were pisciniae shown on a number of blueprints of
roman villas in a book on roman architecture I have. There was
quite a complex of them at the Villa of Tiberius on Capri. IIRC
there was also a mention of a piscina run near rome for the
markets of rome, and private piscinae in the peristyle gardens in
Rome. There is a private piscina in the Villa of the Mysteries in
Pompeii.
margali
[wel, rob promised to build our retirement home to suit, and he
didn't specifically exclude a roman villa rustica ;-)]