[Sca-cooks] blue food

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jun 25 13:19:59 PDT 2001

So, I am doing this cook's showcase thingy for an open house at our summer
event, and, because I am next to useless at camping events, I am
showcasing a variety of nifty sauces for cold meats.

I'd wanted to do sauces in nifty colors--if I get really motivated it will
be a whole rainbow--but if nothing else I'd like to do the appropriate
colors for the five hosting baronies. Those would be yellow, white, red,
green, and blue. The first four colors I can handle, no problem. It's the
blue I'm having problems with. ;-)

In one of my cookbooks (I think it's the Barbara Santich) there is a
Cerulean Blue Sauce, which I have found some mentions of in the
Florilegium, which and someone mentioned here in passing fairly recently.

It was not necessarily mentioned favorably, however, it is the only blue
sauce I have found a mention of. ;-)

So, is this something I should forget about doing, or is it a nifty and
different sauce that would look really cool with the rest of the sauces?

Margaret FitzWilliam