[Sca-cooks] blue food

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Jun 25 15:51:54 PDT 2001

>In one of my cookbooks (I think it's the Barbara Santich) there is a
>Cerulean Blue Sauce, which I have found some mentions of in the
>Florilegium, which and someone mentioned here in passing fairly recently.

Great! Someone mentioned that dratted Cerulean Blue Sauce.  There goes 2 years
of therapy! :)

If anyone has any new insight (short of hopping through Tuscan Hedgerows for
the right subspecies of blackberry) on how to making this sodding stuff turn
blue, then please, I'd like to know.  My theory is to make this stuff turn
blue, it needs to be fermented or oxidised but am still thinking of an
appropriate mechanism to do so.

Drakey.