Sanguine - was, Re: [Sca-cooks] blue food

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 26 07:54:53 PDT 2001

I suggest that the *original* sentence may have been convoluted, and that
"sanguine" describes the outside of the carrot, and not the knife. What we
may be struggling with here is a constraint of the
transcription/translation.

Alternatively, it might be an allusive reference to the sharpness of the
knife (i.e., of sanguine humor, bloody in nature, attracted/attractive to
blood, readily draws blood). Hmmm...experience calls that a dull knife,
actually...A reach, I know, but not an unreasonable speculation.

Thomas Longshanks