[Sca-cooks] beet juice dye (last)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jun 27 07:13:39 PDT 2001

I think I mentioned this earlier, but Kool-aid works wonderfully with animal
fibers (wool, silk), but, as I understand it, does not work on plant fibers like
linen and cotton.  I first ran into this at the Textile Museum here in DC...they
had an open-house where they had various craftspersons working in different
media.  There was one that was showing folks how to do Japanese Shibori using
scarf-weight silk and Kool-Aid.

Kiri