[Sca-cooks] beet juice dye (last)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jun 27 07:58:35 PDT 2001

OK...that may be.  This is just what I was told by the folks at the Textile Museum.
Evidently there are two classes of dyes (Kiri really doesn't know what she's talking
about here...but is quoting what she's been told), one of which works on animal fibres
and the other works on everything else.  But then, being the sloppy person that I am,
I've found all kinds of things that seem to dye fabrics...including weird things in
the laundry that are supposed to be "color fast" and have been washed numerous times
with no problems!!!

Kiri