[Sca-cooks] beet juice dye (last)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 14:50:22 PDT 2001

I have made Lombardy tarts many times, but always
using fresh beets, never cooked beets.  I am wondering
if cooked beets wouldn't be too mushy for this pie.

Also, don't use cheddar cheese.  Even mild cheddar
cheese is too strong for the pie.  Besides, cheddar
isn't period.  I usually use mozzarella, with very
good results.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.