[Sca-cooks] oop::: Zankou chicken

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 13:17:31 PDT 2001

Actually, it is I who went to Zankou and brought the
chicken to Selene's Wednesday Night
Arts/Sciences/Whatever gatherings.  But Selene has a
computer at home and I don't. :-(

The chicken itself was quite delicious, although I
prefer Kenny Rogers' chicken, which seems to use the
same spices, but his chain also adds orange juice to
the preparation.  And is considerably less in price.

Huette

--- Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Thanks for checking out the Zankou chicken for us
> Selene.  Maybe that's where
> my friend had hers.  I am going to make chicken and
> skordelia for her when
> she returns from visiting relatives next week, will
> post my success.
> Phillipa
> >
> > Okay, the yummy sauce seemed to be nothing more
> than a strong Aioli,
> > mayonnaise anointed with enough crushed garlic to
> crunch between my
> > teeth.  For a garlic fan like me, nothing more is
> necessary!  A smaller
> > chain, Sevan Chicken, has a smoother sauce but
> just as garlicky.  We
> > have to thank the accumulation of Armenian
> community in Glendale for
> > this good stuff!
> >
> > Yummm.
> > Selene