[Sca-cooks] [OT] London Cookbook Stores

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 28 14:54:40 PDT 2001

> London has some the yellow pages will help, but if you get the chance to
get to Edingburough there is a dedicated book shop for cooks just below a
proper
bakery
and cheese shop
and hand made brush shop that do all sorts of toys for good cooks.
just down the Royal mile and then down into the grassmarket (i think its
called)
last time I was there I had an understanding husband who guided me as I was
too busy looking to watch where I was going.
There is even a decent pup to get lunch in.
The book shop is run by Clarissa Dickson Wright of the Two Fat Ladies fame
and is brilliant.
The discussion was on which road to pick up road kill phesants and who had
the best game that year.
Vara