SC - Quaking Pudding??? OOP

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri Mar 2 16:59:12 PST 2001

Kidder, Edward. Receipts of Pastry & Cookery.  The Iowa Szathmary
Culinary Arts Series. University of Iowa Press, Iowa City, copyright
1993; originally published 1740, London.  ISBN 0 87745 410 8.

A quaking Pudding

Take a qt. of cream & beat 3 or 4 spoonfulls with 2 or 3 spoonfulls of
flower of rice a very grated white loaf & 4 eggs put to it--orange flower
water sugar & sweet spice butter the cloth & tye it up but not too close
when the pott boyls put it in boyle it an hour then turn it in a dish
stick it with slicd cittron then let the sauce be sack & orang-flower
water with the juice of 2 or 3 lemons sugar & drawn butter.

The man didn't believe in punctuation, but I think you can make it out.
If you do this, send me [us] your redaction--stuf sounds good.

Regards,
Allison
allilyn at juno.com