SC - OOP - Needs help with recipes

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Mon Mar 5 07:33:28 PST 2001

>>> Here's a lovely statistic for you. At around only 1 percent of the
air
> in the tent, carbon monoxide will cause immediate unconsciousness and
> then death within three minutes. It's also one and a half times as
dense
> as air.  At one tenth of one percent, you will pass out after an
hour.<<

Along the same lines, in the house be sure to have your chimneys cleaned
regularly, especially if burning wood.  Pine, for example, causes a lot
of build up.  If your chimney is old, it may need a liner, and it needs a
cap to keep out water and critters.  The water is soaked up by the soot,
freezes in winter and cracks the chimney mortar, allowing noxious gases
to reach you, and excessive heat to reach and possibly ignite the wooden
beams in your roof.

Just be sure to get a *certified* chimney sweep!  My son is one, and sees
a lot of sick and nearly dead people.  If you die, you can't cook!
[oblig. food ref]

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com