SC - non-Christians getting the Host

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Tue Mar 6 13:01:04 PST 2001

> I don't know if the Anglican/Episcopal church retained the awe of the
> consecrated wafer that the Catholic church has.   If so, an honest mistake
> on your and the celebrants's part is not in the same class as the idea of
> slipping a wafer into a non-beleivers soup!  In either case, they, as the
> beleiver, are the ones in peril over it, not you.

Judging by one reference I found, the Anglicans don't believe in
Transubstantiation, so it probably is less of a problem than it would be
for Catholics. Of course if they believe in consubstatiation, like
Lutherans, it still might be a problem... and if they are a
members-only-for-communion church like the Mormons, their amor-propere
(sp?) might be offended.

But at least Catholic 'ministers of the Eucharist' are taught that one
avoids giving the sacrament to those you know aren't Catholics, but
sometimes mistakes happen, and God will sort it out.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."