SC - losenges fryes/potage of beans boiled

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 6 20:04:24 PST 2001

- --- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net> wrote:
>It's because
> > of graphics, for instance, that I quickly
> determined years ago that the
> > Asian medicinal Ma Huang is the same plant as what
> we call Ephedra in
> > America and Europe. It was because I knew the
> Asian name that I was able to
> > go into a San Francisco apothecary 10 years ago
> and ask for and buy the
> > correct plant when I couldn't speak a word of
> Cantonese and no one in the
> > shop spoke English. One pound of dried Ephedra for
> $5. And psuedoephedrine
> > costs how much? $6 for 24 tablets? Heh heh. I
> brewed tea for *years* from
> > that and my sinuses were blessedly clear...

The last time I took psuedoephedrine, I was bouncing
off the walls, and shaking like a bowl of Jell-O in a
California Earthquake...  Didn't clear up my sinuses,
but I was able to paint my house in one day... :)

Seriously, though...the book sounds fascinating.  One
comment from me, though, if you don't mind a little
third party input:  In regards to game animals, I
would suggest showing pictures of the Primal Cuts,
rather than the live animal.  I have never found a
live (or whole) game animal in a supermarket (Asian or
otherwise), but I have been able to find/order certain
Primal Cuts.  The Primal Cuts (for those who don't
know) are the basic "chunks", or first pieces the
carcass is cut into when it is slaughtered.

Balthazar of Blackmoor