SC - OP: Chicken soup request

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 8 00:53:18 PST 2001

Aoife asked about the Cathars:
> I've ordered some tertiary sources from Amazon, of course, but they aren't
> here yet and  I was hoping someone else had done some research in this area.
> Anyone?

There are several messages in this file in the RELIGION section of the
Florilegium, including some from previous discussions on this mail list:
heretics-msg      (12K) 10/12/99    Medieval heretics and heretical sects.

Several of these messages mention referances such as:
> >> I don't know what a heretical Cathars was, can someone clue me in?
>
> Check out "Montaillou the Promised Land of Error" in the English translation
> if you don't speak French.  Sorry I have misspelled Montaillou, French was
> never my long suit.  I can't find the book in my library to give you the
> full cite but it covers the crusade against the Cathars through the use of
> transcripts of testimony.
>
> Daniel Raoul

Hmmm. In looking through the file, I notice the entire file, at this
time, is talking about the Cathari.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net