SC - And speaking of happy dances...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Mar 13 07:51:09 PST 2001

> > > Dare to Dabble!
>
>You know what? That makes me happy. That means there
>is hope for me yet. I'll never become a master at
>anything. But I'm good at many, many, many different
>things, and I try them all. I thrive in trying out
>things. And then the best part is putting it all
>together, as in the SCA. :-)

I'm with you.  I love to try new things and find that I am fairly good at a
number of them.  Playing with food is a long-time favorite, I took a class
in playing with glass and now make beads and encourage those around me to
try their hand.  I make baskets from pine tree needles, I sew and lots of
other things.  It's just fun to do and show others how to do.  I'm not out
here for any awards or glory, I'm just playing and having fun.  Much to my
surprize though, the Coronet seeks me out and awards at that level are
bestowed.  This last weekend I was awarded the Shell and Crecent, our
Baronial Arts and Science award.  I was so surprized.
Olwen