SC - Re: Vivat!

Devra@aol.com Devra at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 19:30:10 PST 2001

In a message dated 3/10/01 10:43:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> First off, I'd like to extend my deepest congrats to _Lady_ Devra the
>  Baker, of the Poison Pen Press and of the SCA-Cooks list, who received
>  an Award of Arms today from TRM's of the East, Andreas and Isabella.
>  Yes, I know there are people who feel an AoA is appropriate after six
>  months or so of membership, but I was informed today that Lady Devra was
>  a camp cook for the East Kingdom at a small, informal event known as
>  Pennsic I. So when they talk about an award being overdue, I think this
>  is what they mean, and such was the eagerness of the Eastern Crown to
>  rectify this error that they gave her two scrolls ;  ) . This one
>  brought me great pleasure to witness. Congratulations again to Lady
>  Devra!
Thank you so much for your good wishes, Lord A!  I am still not sure that it
all happened.  'Stunned' is a good description.  Although I must correct you
in regard to Pennsic I -- 'twas not I.  I was a latecomer to Pennsic, my
first being in 1994, although I have been in and out of the Society since
Lady Perdita of Brooklyn and Marion Zimmer Bradley were forces in the East
Kingdom.

That was good cheese, Lady Bridgit!

Devra the Baker

Devra Langsam