SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #3023 - my AoA

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Mar 14 10:31:22 PST 2001

- --------------17D2162908E4021FFA1089F8

I'm sure lots of other folks will respond, but just to get you started,
you might check C.Anne Wilson's books...she has a lot of information
that you might find helpful.  Another good source is Terence Scully's
The Art of Cookery in the Middle Ages.
Others I would suggest are:

Redon, Sabban and Serventi, The Medieval Kitchen
Sass, Lorna, To the King's Taste
Henisch, Brigit, Fast and Feast, Food in Medieval Society
Hammond, P. W.  Food and Feast in Medieval England
Hagan, Anne, A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Food, Processing & Consumption
Tannahill, Reay.  Food in History
Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne, History of Food

And there is a book, Medieval Food and Drink, that has several articles
by the likes of Scully and others on the subject of feasting in the
Middle Ages.

Hope this helps....

Kiri

mike young wrote:

> I am doing research on Medieval dining practices...feasts and how they
> were served kinda stuff.Anyone have any books to
> recommend?thanks,gwyenth

- --------------17D2162908E4021FFA1089F8

I'm sure lots of other folks will respond, but just to get you started,
you might check C.Anne Wilson's books...she has a lot of information that
you might find helpful.  Another good source is Terence Scully's <i>The
Art of Cookery in the Middle Ages.</i>