SC - Early British food

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 18:46:00 PST 2001

- --part1_ff.3a0757f.27e147ba_boundary

In a message dated 3/13/2001 5:52:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, uther at lcc.net
writes:

> I am doing research on Medieval dining practices...feasts and how they were
> served kinda stuff.
> Anyone have any books to recommend?

Actually, the beginning of Fabulous Feasts by Madeline Pelner Cosman is
really good for this.  Just don't believe that any of her recipes are really
medieval or Renaissance.  I've never understood how someone who could
document the physical items and practices associated with feasting so well
could have then gone on and made such a mess out of the recipe section.  It's
as if she totally abandoned everything she knew about doing and presenting
good research when she got to the recipes.

Brangwayna Morgan

- --part1_ff.3a0757f.27e147ba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 3/13/2001 5:52:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, uther at lcc.net