SC - Notes

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 06:02:22 PST 2001

At 03:55 PM 3/25/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Is $5 per person what they plan to charge for the feast or is it the amount
>to be spent on the feast?  You can handle this either way, but the
>difference is critical.
They didn't say, but I assumed it was what they were going to charge.  I
probably should have asked more questions.

>Remember, I'm about 60 miles away and I can help you.
>
>Bear

I'm kinda counting on your help. At this point, I'm working on the German
dish redactions I want to use in September.  I would do this anyway,
whether I end up cooking the feast or not.

I found a recipe for stuffed sucking pig I'd like to redact.  I was
thinking of replacing the whole pig with filetted pork tenderloin, as
suckling pig is not necessarily readily available.  I'll talk to my
favorite butcher and find out, though. The stuffed pig would make a great
head table dish.  My question here is would one tenderloin per 8 person
table be too much?  I was going on the cooked size of the tenderloin and
figuring a 1 to 1 1/2 inch slice per person.  Tenderloin is expensive, and
I'd have to use less expensive ingredients for other courses. But Rumpolt
has a ravioli recipe that looks interesting.  Ravioli stuffed with spinach
and cheese, or spinach and chicken.  I thought I'd make up some of both,
and plan to have a pot of simmering vegetable broth and chicken broth to
cook them in.  The vegetable broth for spinach/cheese in case there are
some ovo-lacto vegetarians present.

I'm going to experiment with the ruzzige cakes we've discussed on the cooks
list, too.
Liadan