SC - Rambam's Charoset

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Mar 27 20:29:06 PST 2001

Was written:

I have been
>busy doing all the small things including making candied ginger.  For some
>reason mine turned dark.  I'm thinkin it was the thin-ness I cut the pieces
>but then I set them to drying on cookie sheets and put them on a window
sill
>above above the heating pipes (kinda like a radiator except industrial).
>Have any comments?  Should I add fruit fresh or something?

The times we have done candied ginger it turned dark as well, a dark brown.
Tasty however.  The commercial product I have bought is a lot whiter, don't
know why.  Perhaps they use a different variety of ginger?  I used the
recipe for candied angelica in Joy of Cooking, do you have a period one?

Daniel Raoul

Daniel