SC - Research Centre Conference (Oz)

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:20:17 PST 2001

"Craig Jones." wrote:

> Umm, are you talking about the Seafood Chef, Rick Stein?
>
> He's very popular in Lochac (Australia) and my and I are hoping to attend a
> light supper and lecture he is giving in July.  His TV shows (more than 1
> season worth) is currently showing on the ABC on Wednesday nights.
>
> Why is it that here in OZ I watch a heap of cooking shows with famous chefs
> (Gordon Ramsay, Rick Stein, Delia Smith, Nick Nairn, Jamie Oliver, Jennifer
> Patterson & Clarissa ???) and they are all bloody English.  Are there any
> American cooks doing good things / writing books / doing shows?
>
> While I'm on it, what celebrity chefs are your heroes and why?

We've got 24 hours a day of 'em on the Food Network:  Emeril Legasse,
Mario Batali, Alton Brown, Ming Tsai, Curtis Aikens, Bobby Flay (we
don't really need him though), Paul Sorvino, Jeff Smith, the anti-christ
herself Martha Stewart, Sarah Moulton, and that's just the TV people,
and not the hard core actual restaurant industry guys.

we got 'em, just your TV people won't show 'em.  afraid of the shame
factor, I guess :o)

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco