SC - Research Centre Conference (Oz)

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:20:17 PST 2001

Apologies if this has already been posted - I am having to skim and read
only where headers seem particularly relevent to my interests, so I may have
missed it.

Anyone on the list from Australia, or planning to be here later in the year,
might be interested in this - I just got the flyer in the mail.

The Research Centre for the History of Food & Drink at the University of
Adelaide (South Australia) is holding its second international conference on
July 2-4.

The program is not completely finalised, but the list so far is tantalising:
For Your Health - Early Modern English Medicinal Drinks; The Natural Body,
Food & National Identity in 16th century Britain; Epicurus, Unexpurgated;
etc

For more info on the centre and the conference (and a National Academies
Forum Symposium on Food & Drink in Australia, which will follow the
conference) visit http://arts.adelaide.edu.au/CentreFoodDrink/

Kylie
(Personal interest declaration - I'm a member. And I might even be able to
go this year. Planning on a front-row seat for the Bread in the Wilderness
session ...)