SC - pickled fish with sour cream

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Mar 28 21:26:42 PST 2001

Greetings!

I am fairly new to the list and the SCA in general.  My developing persona
is 14th century Italian (northern) and I would like to know if there are any
books, manuscripts, websites that I might find some help with cooking for
this period and location.  I have been lurking for about a month now and I
just love reading all the ideas.  I have followed many of the links posted
and they are just fascinating!  I am invited to a feast at the Potrero war
in May and was requested to bring baklava - is baklava period does anyone
know?  Or is there something similar to baklava that *is* period?
Thanks so much for your help - you are all so knowledgable and I am so
envious of your intellegence in these things!  I searched for hours trying
to find the simplest things and after joining the list, learned more in the
first day than I did in the months of searching I'd done!

Elisabetta
Kingdom of Caid
Barony of Dreiburgen