SC - Chef Heros

Boroghul boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Thu Mar 29 12:09:40 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Liadan asked:
> > Question for the list:  If the pig roaster weights 32#, how much usable meat is
> > there?  They leave the skin on and head, etc. I thought this would be a cool
> > high table dish, with someone trained to carve, carving & serving at table.
> >
> > Whaddaya think?
>
> I've not got a very good idea how big this 32# pig would be. But if
> someone is interested in this, I have a few files in the Florilegium
> that might prove helpful. I've always thought such thing were neat, but
> I've also heard disaster stories, so I've tried to save some of the best
> ideas and recommendations that I've come across.
>
> In the FOOD section:
> Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
>                                        by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
>   (A number of good sotelitie/warner ideas, including those where you
> cut the piggy in half and cut another animal in half and reattach each
> half to the other animal)

I got a cheap and easy pig mutation for those of us on a budget.  A whole suckling
pig is an expensive pain in the pork butt, but any butcher can get you pigs feet, and
they're cheap too.  I attach whole pigs' feet to a turkey, add a beaky head carved
from a large orange and call it a Gryphon.  Served this at Caid Twelfth Night 2000,
several of the knights swiped the Gryphon orange heads and started playing puppet
theatre with them.  Quality time.

Selene [the warner sister]