SC - Chef Heros

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 29 13:19:41 PST 2001

Since we are on the subject- an update:

James' dad is back in the hospital. He had finished his chemo in
December, but has been dragging his feet about radiation therapy- his
rationale being that he's incurable- why delay the inevitable and be
damned sick while you're doing it? (Yes, I know the reasons why he
should- but he doesn't listen to us kids). Anyway, he's been having
problems breathing, and his doctor sent him into the hospital. He has a
pulmonary effusion- the sac around the lungs has filled with fluid and
is making everything difficult. They drained some off and now he's
taking drugs to drain the rest, laying in a hospital bed an being
unhappy. I drove down yesterday (400 mi. RT- I am so sore) to see him.
He's being pretty chipper but they aren't telling him much. I did some
research and it appears that either the cancer is spreading further than
we'd though, or he's developing congestive heart failure asa  secondary
effect. James is going to try to get some info out of the doctor soon.

Dad kept his hair- and I think he'd rather have lost it in exchange for
more life...

Catching up on my mail,

'Lainie